Memory Cards News - Australia

Latest news and reviews on flash memory cards.

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Pretec 2GB MMC 4 Card - I didn't know that they were this big!

A friend asked me today what were the biggest capacity MMC cards. I wondered about this one because having stocked Sandisk for almost a year now, I never saw anything bigger than a 128MB MMC (multimedia card) - recently a distributor asked me to sell 512MB MMC. I thought, "surely there have got to be bigger cards than this!" with the SD Cards and Compact Flash cards now available in 1GB-4GB sizes (in Australia).

I came across this article at DPReview that talks about a 2GB MMC flash card. I know that this is not going to seem much in a couple of months time, but wow! This 2GB Pretec MMC 4.0 card is also very fast with write speeds of around 18MB/sec (120x)!!! Get this, read speeds are around 22.5MB per second (150x)!!! Now that's fast...

Read the full story here at DPReview (www.dpreview.com) :
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0405/04053101pretecmmc4.asp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home